template

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas Tree!




One of my favorite traditions at Christmas time has always been going to pick out the best tree! Up in Duluth we would drive way out in the country and pick trees at a farm that were already cut down. I loved this, I don't know if it was more about the tree or the long drive to the tree farm with my family!

Since Brett and I have been married we have modified the tradition a little for our family. Now we drive to Kris Kringle and cut down our own tree!! I love walking around trying to find the 'perfect' tree. I don't know if you will ever find a perfect real tree but I love looking :) Once you cut it down you throw it on the back of a small tractor and they take it and get it ready for you. While they are doing that we get to go back to the cabin and get some warm apple cider and cookies and sit by the bondfire and even take pictures with Santa.

We did not get a tree last year because the time got away from us so this was the first year we did this with Ayden. He had so much fun running around (without a shoe..we left it at home) and watching/helping Brett cut it down. But, I think his favorite part was watching the tractors drive around!

Ayden helped me decorate the christmas tree and he loved looking at all his ornaments! His ornament from his first christmas had animals on it and a baby picture of himself. All his favorite things! He would make all the sounds and constantly say Baby! He also loved the balls on the tree! He was convinced they should be thrown to Jacoby instead of be on the tree. Needless to say the ornaments and balls quickly were moved to the top of the tree! I am still finding them all around his room as well!




On our way to get our tree! Look at Ayden's feet :)



Watching Daddy!




Look at the TRACTOR!!!




Ayden is not so sure about all the fuss with Santa...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ayden is getting way too big!!! I want to see some belly shots too :)

I think we are going to do a real Christmas tree next year but our experience was a lot like yours this year (the ornaments and lights were on the top half of the tree). Not sure if I want pine needles everywhere since I am sure Lauren will just pick them all off.