template

Monday, December 6, 2010

Update on Ayden

Ayden is getting so big and his personality comes out more and more each day! He brings us so much joy and laughter every day! Just yesterday after his bath he played in the bathroom in front of the mirror for 1/2 an hour. He was 'singing' and dancing and trying to jump! I just sat back and laughed!!!

Ayden has really started talking up a storm! Some of the words you hear often are
"nack" for snack
"dr" for drink
"ea" for eat along with the sign language
"elp" for help with sign language
ball
"fball" for football
"baball" for basketball
"Tadown" for touchdown with actions
Boo
"Hi" for Hide
"Bobo" for Elmo
"Wa er" for water
What
What's that!
Mom
"Dada" or "Dadee" for Dad
"Bebe" for Binky and once he has his binky it also means blanket
Baby and either points to my tummy or his
"Ti Ti" for tickle

Ayden also is very active! He can run rather quickly now. We went to the Tiger Basketball game on Friday night and during half time I thought I would let him run around well there was a basketball under the hoop and he quickly said ball and was off...by the time I got him he was right under the hoop and it was shoot around for the team... He also loves to climb on the couch. We got him a step stool so he would stop climbing on his toys. This has given him just enough height to get on the couch. We just moved the couch in front of the bay window (I thought he would like to watch the school bus and garbage truck) I didn't think he would like to climb over the couch and make the bay window a stage where he could dance :) He learned this while I was at work while Brett was home getting lunch. I am trying to teach him we don't do that but sometimes its just to funny to say no :)

He loves to play hide and seek. If you run into another room he will run after you to find you. He loves to yell boo! Its so fun for to watch him play hide and seek with his friends! I would say this is his first really game he plays!

He now can eat with a spoon with quite a bit of accuracy and is starting to understand how to use a fork. But when he is done he still picks up either his bowl or plate to slurp the rest. :) Oh he makes me laugh! He also has learned how to follow directions. I sometimes give him a snack in the living room and when he is almost done he will dump out his bowl. I ask him to pick it up and put it in the bowl and he will. It might take 5 minutes but he is following directions he is just not the quickest. I try to make him do it rather than pick it up quickly for him so he will learn. He also has to pick up his plate and cup after dinner if he throws it on the floor.

We all just had a round of the flu. This was the first time he threw up. I had been rather sick and poor Brett was taking care of me and all of a sudden at 11 Ayden wakes up and was screaming then Brett heard a funny noise and more crying. Yep he had what I had. But after he was so hyper Brett had to put him in my room so I could keep an eye on him while I was laying down so Brett could clean the floor. I wish it could go through adults as quickly as it did Ayden. Although he was over the throwing up he was sick for about 2 weeks off and on. I think he is finally feeling better and gets to have some friends over tonight and we are all excited to play with friends again!!

Well I think that is some of Ayden's newest things! He amazes me with what he knows everyday! He is like a sponge and will show me so many new things all the time! I just love watching him learn!!! We are so proud of our little boy!!

Now on for the baby! We are 19 weeks today! I have my ultrasound next Monday! We are very excited to find out what we are having! What do you think? Boy or Girl? Also, today I was at my desk at work and felt the baby moving. I felt my stomach and I could actually feel it from the outside! I don't remember this happening so early with Ayden. I forgot how cool that feeling is!!! I just wish Brett could have felt it. I remember how excited he was when he felt Ayden for the first time!

No comments: