This past year has been filled with lots of great memories:
- Our honeymoon to the Dells right after the wedding
- Brett's starting his new job at the Church
- Picking out Jacoby
- Bringing Jacoby home and with that our many sleepless nights (he was just getting us ready)
- Baseball and softball season
- Our trip to Colorado
- Meeting our nephew Jacob for the first time
- Brett's Sister's Wedding
- Starting another school year
- Finding out we are expecting our first child
- Telling our families that we were expecting
- Hearing the little guys heartbeat
- Finding out we are having a boy!
- Celebrating our anniversary in Minneapolis!!
Its crazy to look back and see how great this year has been together! My parents just celebrated their 35th anniversary the day after ours. I can't believe what it will be like looking back on 35 years together and all those great memories we will have had.
For our anniversary we wanted to get away but I was not able to take anytime off of work so we decided just to drive up to the cities. We spent lots of time shopping and looking at things for the baby. This was a lot of fun because I was able to see Brett's excitement for our son to be born! We went out to a nice dinner at a Habachi Grill which was a lot of fun! Best of all, for our anniversary Brett gave me our son's name! I had been planning on making name plates for the nursery but was waiting because we had not decided on a name yet. I was stuck on one name but Brett just wouldn't agree to it. Well the week before our anniversary he went to Hobby Lobby and bought all the supplies and put together the name plates with the name I really wanted! He painted them and put them together and that was what I opened up! I was so excited!!!! I couldn't have gotten a better gift! Sooo thoughtful! And by the way it is a secret so you will find out in August :)