template

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Higgins Christmas



This year our Christmas celebrations stretched from the weekend before Christmas (celebrating with the Higgins side) until Christmas day (with the Williams) It was nice to get to spend a full day with each family a week apart from each other so we didn't feel pulled to thin.

We started our Christmases off with the Higgins. Due to some car issues we did not get to see my two younger brothers this year and we also didn't get to spend as much time with our nephew or my sister in law as we hoped but we still had a great time when we could be together. Brett had a wrestling tournament so Ayden and I went alone to my parents on Friday night. When we got up Saturday we headed uptown to see Santa! Ayden had seen Santa one other time at the tree farm and was not to sure about him. Still not very excited we tried to get him to sit with Santa. One of my dad's friends said if we could get a picture he would put it in the paper. (I have not heard anything yet...I don't think our pictures were the best). Ayden did give him a fist pound and a high 5 but that is all Santa was going to get.



After Santa we went to go visit my two great aunts. My Aunt Lenore is 98 and living in a nursing home. She had fun giving Ayden cookies and watching him explore her room. She loves cardinals so he always like to find the birds in her room. My other Great Aunt, Johanna, is 100 and still lives on her own. Ayden loves going over there but I always have to be on my toes! She has lots of breakables right at his level and he is getting much quicker! Luckily Aunt Joey has lots of great grandkids and is very understanding!!!

That night my brother and his family finally were able to get down to my parents. They got there at about 7:30 or 8ish. Brett also arrived around the same time. If you know Ayden well this is usually his bed time but he was a trooper! After everyone got dinner we started opening presents! It was fun to see Jacob pass out all the presents again...its always fun to see him try to maneuver the bigger gifts.





This was Ayden's first time opening presents since his birthday. I would say he really has it down now! He was pretty tired so he stayed in one spot and opened each gift! Then, the next morning he was able to play with his new stuff! Brett finally took him up to go to bed at about 10:30 or 11ish. Brett laid him down to put his PJ's on and by the time they were on Ayden was asleep!!!



The following day we went to church together and had a yummy turkey dinner. We were able to let the kids play, let the dad's nap and just relax in the afternoon. We headed home around 3ish.

It was a great time together! It is hard to get my family together especially on holidays since we are so spread out! We missed my two brothers but we are hoping they can come down here soon!

No comments: