template

Friday, December 30, 2011

3 Day Potty Training: Take 2!

So, this summer I had found this 3 day potty training approach that I thought looked great!  We tried it out in mid July and Ayden was not ready!  (check back in my blog posts if interested) We tried all three days and it was very intense but by the end we had to put the potty away and wait a little while...

So here we are 5 months later!  We started potty training on Monday and here on Friday I can say we are mostly potty trained!!!!  Monday we had 5 accidents (3 poops and 2 wet).  Tuesday we had 2 accidents (1 poop and 1 wet but finished both times in the potty).  Wednesday we only had 1 accident finishing in the potty.  Thursday 1 accident.  That night we went out for dinner and to the mall all night and he checked out every potty he could and did great!  No accidents out in public and one successful trip to the potty!!!  Friday 1 accident (poopy) and I ventured out to Kohl's by myself and no accident there!  We were at a friends house and he ran in the other room and came running back out saying "I go potty!  It a big one!" and it was but it was in his pants... Shoot!

So, we need to work on AJ telling us before he poops but as far as peeing I can say I am pretty sure we have it!  He will either go sit down and try if we ask him or else he will tell us before he goes.  I can see such a big difference from this summer!!!  This summer he had 10 accidents before nap on day 1!  We didn't even go potty 10 times on day 1 this time!  I think he really has control of it and I can feel pretty confident that after he goes potty he will be good for atleast an hour!

There is no going back to diapers now!  We do put him in a pull up for naps and bedtime but I will say he has woken up dry from his naps 3 of the 5 days!  I am just so proud of him!!!  This has really gone very smoothly!  I would recommend this method to anyone that is looking for a quick approach to potty training that is centered around your child and is very positive!  If you are check out www.3daypottytraining.com

I can testify to trying this when AJ was not ready and sticking it out for 3 long days then trying it again when he was!  This is a great approach and I will use it again when it comes time for Ahnie to be potty trained!  The only down fall is having to stay home for 3 day straight.  To working mom's you would either have to take a day off or do it during a break from work.  But it is so worth it!!!!  I have never wanted potty training to take a long extended amount of time!

No comments: