template

Monday, October 10, 2011

5 Months

Ahnie turned 5 months on the 28th.  These months are just flying by!  The 2nd time around you realize how quickly they are growing up and I just want to say  SLOW DOWN!

She is finally becoming more and more predictable!!!  Ayden came home from the hospital and I felt like for the most part he was pretty by the book!  Ahnie has been a little more work!  Not that it has been very hard but I just feel like we have had to work through everything!  This month I had to try to make herself cry it out.  She was not taking great naps and would wake up after 30-45 minutes and you knew she was not ready to get up but if she feel back to sleep you would either have to hold her or she would wake up...  Well one day she started crying after a 30 minute nap and it didn't seem to bother Ayden napping so I took out my Baby Wise book and told myself I was not going to pick her up until I read what I was supposed to do. While reading it and finally finding the right paragraph I realized she was quiet...She put herself back to sleep!  Ever since I have laid her down awake and she might cry a bit and I might put her binky back in 1 or 2 times but then she is asleep!  Now her naps are usually around 2 hours!  Beautiful!!!  And they are usually during 1 hour of Ayden's nap!!  The other thing that I feel is finally the way it is supposed to be is breastfeeding.  I don't remember when she really became very comfortable with it but I think it has been in the last 2 months.  When we took her to her 2 month check up the Dr. noticed that she didn't move her head to the left.  This I think made breastfeeding a little challenging.  Then we got over that and she would not eat very well on the 2nd side...it did not matter which side it was but always the 2nd side.  Knowing that she was gaining wight I would just told myself she didn't like 'desert' and kept praying that one day she would love nursing and just relax so I could relax.  While I think we finally have it!  I now can just sit and enjoy every feeding!!

Ahnie has been such a happy talkative baby!!  Brett and I find ourselves saying 'do you remember Ayden smiling like this or talking this much?'  She loves playing on her tummy with her toys and just talking!  She always greets us in the morning or after her nap with a BIG smile and will just stare across the room at Brett and when he looks over at her she gives him the biggest smile!  I just love it!

We started cereal this past month.  She is not loving it but we are practicing for the real yummy stuff to come!  I am planning on making my own baby food again and I am getting excited about do this!  It was so rewarding knowing exactly what she is eating and also saving some money as I do it!  Hopefully she will be just like her brother and be a great eater!!

This month Ahnie rolled from her back to tummy and has not laid on her back since!  She loves to play on her tummy!!!  We are also working on sitting up!  She loves to sit up and look around but can't do it quite yet.  If I am right there I will let you sit by herself but soon after she has tipped!  She loves the bumbo most of time too!


Ahnie fits in so well to our family and we all love her!  Ayden loves to say Good Morning Pretty Girl every morning!  And still showers her with hugs and kisses often!  I just love to see this side of Ayden since the rest of the time is spent tackling things!!! :)

No comments: