template

Thursday, September 29, 2011

You Know You Have a Boy When....


  • All we do is play football, baseball, basketball etc (all depending on the season it is)
  • You hear a big long fart and all of a sudden burst of laughter followed by "I farted!!"  Then trying to do it again.  And his last comment "I think I ripped it!"  What?!
  • There is a new scape, scar or cut somewhere on his face everyday!!!  (we have been waiting over a month to take his 2 year pictures...)
  • We wear our football jerseys over our clothes everyday!!!  These can be his jersey, Bretts Jersey or his jersey from last year....
  • When we eat grapes they are called footballs...
  • When your child refuses to eat you have to be Thomas and do train sounds...Then he covers his mouth and won't open up until you say "Move the rock Mr. Conductor!"  
  • We play the 'drums' during all of our songs!  And the drums can be his lap, the couch, the table...anything!
  • Instead of our days winding down my son gets busier and busier as we get closer to naptime and bed time.
  • The first thing we say in the morning is "Where's my football Mom?"
  • We have to do "Here come the Tigers/Hawkeyes/Packer" multiple times a day!  
  • Instead of playing with stuffed animals we tackle them
I LOVE having a boy around the house but I am also so excited to see what fun things our little girl does as well!!!  I can't wait to compare the list in a few years and see how much she picks up from her brother and what different interests she has!  

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

This post cracked me up... sounds like my house! :) Lately, whenever Cainan sees a ball of any type, he picks it up & runs around yelling "Hawkeyes!" Gotta love these boys!