template

Monday, September 19, 2011

Ayden's 2nd Birthday Party!

We had Ayden's birthday party a few days before his birthday because Brett was on Caravan over his birthday. We celebrated Friday morning. It had been a very very warm couple weeks before but the morning was a little cooler which we were very thankful for! Ayden wanted a tractor theme with a Tractor Cake, playing in the sandbox and finding surprises in the sand. When the kids arrived we just let the kids play for a while then we grilled and had a yummy lunch! We had cake and finally presents!
I can say this was Ayden's first birthday party that he really knew what was going on! He was so excited for his cake! I did it the day before to make sure it was perfect so I would have time to adjust if needed and anytime anyone new came to our house he had to show them the cake!!
He was very excited to see all of his friends come to his house all at once and to see both grandparents! He was so excited he woke up really early that morning and kept saying "Ayden's Happy Day!" My dad was a life saver because he kept him busy while Brett, my mom and I got things ready for the party! My dad spent lots of time walking him around in his wagon and playing golf in the back yard. I think he was ready for his nap at 10 AM and the guests were coming at 10:30!
He got a second win to get through his party! He had a lot of fun running around and stealing chips out of the dump truck! He also loved blowing out the candles on his cake! I didn't realize this until a few weeks ago during my birthday he kept saying "Mom, happy day! Blow out your candles!!" He also had a lot of fun opening presents! He got lots of great toys! That is a plus doing a party before your husband leaves for 10 days! We had lots of new things to keep us busy!
Our new favorite toy!! Lightning McQueen Bike!!!

No comments: