template

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day!

This past weekend we had a great time celebrating Mother's Day! On Saturday we had my parents and Brett's parents over to grill out. It wasn't very nice out but we all were able to be together so that was fun! It doesn't happen enough. Ayden gave both grandma's a book called 'Grandma and Me' by Karen Katz. I love her books and when I saw that one I knew it would be a great gift! We wrapped it up and I let Ayden finger paint the paper. It was so cute he loved doing this and when he was done he picked up the book from his tray and dropping it on the floor. It was like "well I'm done with that one".

On Sunday, Brett let me sleep in which was great! I have not been able to sleep in lately so it felt awesome! I didn't even hear Ayden wake up! When I did get up I had homemade waffles ready for me! They were so good and I love being able to have breakfast as a family! The best part was after breakfast Brett cleaned up everything!! Then we went to church and spent the rest of the day outside working on the yard and garden and trying to keep Ayden entertained (which means I didn't get much work done:))

This Mother's Day was very special because it was technically my first Mother's Day. Last year I was pregnant but now having Ayden and being able to celebrate being his mommy was great! Being called a Mom and a Wife are my two favorite titles! I feel very blessed to have Brett and Ayden in my life!!!

No comments: