template

Sunday, May 2, 2010

2 Years and Counting!!



Brett and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on April 19th, also Brett's 31st birthday! I can't believe we were married 2 years ago! Some days it feels like our wedding was not that long ago but other days I feel like we have been married forever (in a good way :).

When I think back to the last 2 years I realized how blessed we are to have each other and an amazing son! We have awesome families, amazing friends and Jesus who we lean on daily!

Today at church the teaching was on Love. Our pastor did a great job explaining how love is not only there when things are going well but when things are not going so well or when you are facing hard times. He compared that to his grandparents love. He thought they were the perfect couple and that they had love so deep but he witnessed an different love when his Grandpa had to take care of his Grandma. I could relate to this because I was there with my Grandma on her last days and was able to see my Grandpa hold her hand and get anything she needed to be comfortable. What a hard time but what an amazing thing to watch and work towards that love in my own marriage. At the end of his talk he asked all the married couples to stand and face each other and hold hands. He had us all renew our wedding vows. I looked around and there were so many eyes filled with tears! What an amazing thing to be able to do! To remind us again of what we committed to 2 years ago or 30 years ago. It was also an awesome thing for some of the high school and college aged kids to witness their parents love for each other. This really made me understand why people renew their wedding vows to celebrate a big anniversary down the road. Its amazing what those words mean to say again even after 2 years. I can't believe all that they will mean after 25 or even 50 years of marriage!

No comments: