template

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm Back!!!

Wow, is all I can say for the last 2+ months...  Well I don't want to forget my feelings and how everything went in the last crazy months of 2012, so here goes....

I guess it all started back in Sept. when we finally made the plung after looking at many many houses and we decided if we were serious we needed to get our house on the market.  After our first open house our relator, Tony called us and told us to stay away for a few more hours because he had a potential buyer coming back to look at it.  Well, we did as we were told and by that evening we had an amazing offer in our hands!!  We were very excited but the house we put an offer on was not available any more so we accepted ours with a contigiency on us finding a house and the date to close would be Nov. 9th.  Well we looked and looked and looked!!!  (My kids lately have been asking why we don't see Tony any more, they were so used to seeing him because we spent sooo much time looking at houses!!) 

Well, the day came that we had to make the decision to keep the offer or ask for more time.  We didn't want to loose the offer so we decided we would just rent and take the offer set to close on Nov. 9th.  Well, much to our surprise it is very hard to find cheap rent, month to month and who allow pets!  So, finally our friends were looking for renters and we were looking for a place!  It worked but they were going to continue to find renters/owners and we had finally found our home!  So we thought it would work out great for everyone!  We were scheduled to close on our new house Dec. 7th.  So, we moved into our friends house Nov. 1st. and spent the week cleaning our old house so we could close on Nov. 9th.  Along with closing we also found out we were expecting baby #3 (I was already 6 weeks along!).  The next week we found out that our friends found a renter and we would be out Nov. 30th.  So we had to plan to move again!  This time is was only going to be for a week so Brett's parents graciasly let us stay with them for a week.  We (I should say Brett and his parents) spent the week taking everything we own and cramming it into Brett's parents garage!!  And we got all settled at Grandma and Grandpa Will's house.  Shortly after we moved in we got word that the paperwork would not be ready in time and we were not sure when we would be able to close on our new home.  They told us Monday or Tuesday...  We decided to postpone our U'Haul for that Thursday because our week was already busy until then.  Well Monday and Tuesday came and went and no word.  Finally, at 3:30 on Weds. I called Brett and asked if he was going to cancel the truck for the next day.  He said Tony said not until he says and as we were talking Brett quickly said I have to go I'll call you back.  Well, he called back saying that we would finally close sometime the next day (Thursday Dec. 13th).  So, we kept the truck! 

So, Thursday came,  I worked like normal.  Brett picked up the truck at noon we had great friends come help use load the truck and I went to a doctors appointment I didn't want to reschedule.  When I got home I picked up Brett and we went and closed on our home got the keys and call our parents to meet us at the new house with the truck!  We meet them there and lots of high schools students and friends to help us moved for the LAST TIME!!  We didn't stay there that night but we did the following night.  We were finally in our home sweet home!! 

I had learned a lot over those stressful 6 weeks.  I learned once again I am not in control.  I love how when I think I can plan everything down to a T God comes in and shows me that it is not in my time it is in his!  I will say that now almost a month in our new home I am finally starting to feel like we are starting to reach a new normal I can live with :)  My kids sleeping arrangements changed many times, our schedule was all over the place, we had to learn how to live out of boxes for weeks!  I am finally starting to get caught up on the day to day routine of washing the clothes, getting the dishes done, having both kids sleep or have quiet time, meal planning, figure out a new bedtime routine that works for our family, and just plain get through a day feeling like it was worthwhile!  I learned that I can not do this life on my own and when I do it does not work!  I finally remembered that I needed to turn to God to help me get through each day!  My kids were acting out and I was far from being consistant.  I felt scattered and spread very thin.  But, once I put my trust back in Gods plan and started believing that it would all work out and fall into place is when I was able to think clearly in each area of my life!  The last few months hav ebeen a struggle but we made it thought and learned a lot though it!

I am excited for what 2013 has in store for us!  A new baby to welcome into our family, a house we get to make a home and I am sure so much more!!!  Glad to be back blogging!  Hope I can get a caught up soon!

No comments: