template

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Month Old!!!



On Thursday, Ayden was a month old.  It is so crazy how much they change in just a month!  In the past month Ayden has grown to 12 pounds, stays awake after his feedings for about 45 minutes then naps till his next feeding.  He sleeps 5 hours between his first feeding at night and then goes 3 to 4 hours before his next feeding!  We are so lucky to have a good sleeper.  He is starting to track his toys when you move them across his face, and he looks for mom and dad when he hears us talking.  Ayden has taken a bottle 2 times and has done great!  He has also gotten to spend a little a lone time with both sets of grandparents so mom and dad can get a little time together!  

Some of Ayden's favorite things to do are being held, laying on the floor and looking around (without toys...I think I could have waited before I bought some of his things) play on his play gym, tummy time and swing.  

As far as mom and dad, we are loving being parents!  We have really enjoyed getting to know Ayden!  Our life has changed but it is such an amazing change.  Brett loves getting home from work and holding Ayden...I don't get to hold him much when Dad is home.  I have also made a big change other than just becoming a mom.  I decided last spring to stay at home with Ayden this year.  I have really enjoyed my time at home.  Every morning I try to get out and take a walk with Ayden and Jacoby.  This is one of my favorite times of the day and I know that I would not always have the time to do that if I were working.  This sounds like such a little thing but there are many other little things that I just feel so blessed to be able to enjoy now being a stay at home mom!  I do miss McKinstry and the kids but I have been back to visit 3 times already and I am planning on volunteering once a week.  I think that will be just enough time in the classroom for me!  



1 comment:

Kris Hoskinson said...

awww what a little sweetie. so glad you are doing well!