template

Friday, June 22, 2012

"I sorry Mommy"

A few weeks ago I was giving Ahnie a bath and next thing I know AJ was running into the bathroom saying "I sorry mommy!  I so sorry!  Its ok Mommy!"  I didn't know what to think and just asked what happened.  All he could tell me was my angel broke.  He brought me a piece of this:

This is a angel that my grandpa Higgins made for me.  I hold it very dear to my heart because we found it down in his workshop with my name on it when he passed away.  (He gave one to each of the grandchildren when they were confirmed.  I was confirmed later that year)

To Ayden's suprise I was not mad.  It comes in pieces and fits together to look like this.


He had picked it up wrong and it fell apart.  But, this led into a great conversation that we were able to have about how happy I was that he came to me even though he thought I was going to be upset with him.  I told him that it is better to come to me with something that went wrong rather than try to hide it or not tell me about it right away.  I love that inocense of a child and I hope that he can continue with that.  I also hope that I can remember to be calm and understanding later in life when he comes to me with things that are not such an easy fix.

No comments: