template

Friday, June 1, 2012

Ahnies Hungary Little Caterpillar Party

We celebrated Ahnies first birthday on Friday the night before her actual birthday.  I choose the Hungary Little Caterpillar book as our theme for the party.  Thanks to pinterest I had lots of great ideas to decide from. 

I made a caterpillar cake :)


I couldn't decide on the smash cake so I just made a little round cake and decorated the beautiful butterfly that the caterpillar turned into.


I found how to make a tutu to complete her Birthday Girl outfit!


This was my favorite touch.  I took monthy pictures of Ahnie and put one on each section of the caterpillar to see how Ahnie has grown this year!


Ahnies wonderful grandmas helped me out by setting out all the food!  They were a huge help before the party began until the end!  Thanks so much grandmas! :)



We ate almost everything the caterpillar ate in the book.  Strawberries, pears, watermellon, apples, oranges, salami, cherry pie, cake...



The big kids made their own caterpillars!


Grandma H. made sure everyone got their names on their caterpillars.


After eating we ate the cake.  Ahnie wanted to be done and get down and play.  She was not so sure about the cake but after she had a few bits she started digging in.  Unfortonially my camera died before she started enjoying her cake so here is the best one.  Luckily my mom got some good pictures but I don't have them on my computer...

After cake we opened presents!  Ahnie had lots of helpers but she had lots of fun opening her presents. We were so blessed that so many friends and family could come and help us celebrate our daughter!  She recieved so many wonderful presents!  

I can't believe she is already 1!!!  I loved every minute of planning her special day.  I have really enjoyed planning birthday parties for my children!  Guess I better get started on Ayden's 3rd Birthday!  Its only 2 months away!  

No comments: