template

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our First Ride in an Ambulance

Today we had quite the adventure! We went to the park at Cedar Heights with Emily and her kiddos. We were playing and having a great time when Ayden was playing and lost his balance and fell. He was on this climbing thing to get up to the slide and was at the top. Luckily we were right there and Emily quick caught him before he fell, he just bumped his head or so we thought. He started crying right away so I scooped him up and flipped him over. Then it got a little more scary for this Mama! I saw lots of blood and just covered his forehead. Emily found a towel and I was able to hold that over his cut. I took a peek and quickly asked her to call 911. She went to the street to wait for the help to arrive and Madison stayed with us and would not leave Ayden's side. She was blowing him kisses and finally got close enough for a few sweet kisses on the cheek. We could hear the fire truck and that finally calmed Ayden down as we sat and listened for the fire truck and ambulance to arrive. When they got there his cut had stopped bleeding but they did confirm that he needed stitches. He had about a 1 inch cut on his forehead that was rather deep! We could not get a hold of Brett and we were at Cedar Heights school so we really were not close to our house or the car so we decided we better let the ambulance take us to the ER. By the time we got into the ambulance Ayden was very calm and started to warm up and was soon his normal chatty self! By the time we got to the ER he was done wanting to cuddle so that was a little bit of a struggle. We were at the ER for a little over an hour. All things considered Ayden did pretty good. Brett had not made it to the ER by the time I had to decide on either stitches or glue and I was having a hard time looking at his forehead I didn't think I could handle watching him get stitches by myself. Luckily Brett got there right after I talked with the doctor. I was so relieved Brett was there with me at that point! Ayden got the glue applied and we had to wait a few more minutes and we were able to go home! Ayden was a champ! I had a hard time but I am very thankful that he is ok and we had such wonderful EMT's, doctors and nurses. It made a difficult situation a little better! I am also very thankful for Emily! She quickly calmed me down after I saw Ayden's cut and got help there quickly and spent a long time trying to get a hold of Brett! She also took care of Ahnie till we were able to get home. I don't know what I would have done if I was there by myself...

2 comments:

Kris Hoskinson said...

wow! glad he is okay. and you too...

Becky Bartlett said...

How scary! So glad all is well...