template

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 Day Potty Training: Day 3

We are at day 3! Wow it was an intense 3 days and I am sad to say that we are back in diapers... This morning started out just like every other morning. We tried when we got up and nothing came so we kept letting him know to let us know when he needed to go. About 1 1/2 hours after he woke up we had the first accident. Not a whole lot of warning and he didn't try to stop it or get to the potty. Then we had a poopy accident and this time he ran to the potty but didn't make it. By this point I was frustrated and I could tell Ayden was just not having it! At one point I was laying on the couch worn out and he was laying by the door saying he wanted to go to the office with Daddy. (We have not been out of the house in 3 days!!!) I wanted to get out too! But we sat down and decided we would try the rest of the day or at least till naps. After Brett left for work I decided we needed something fun so we made our first fort and he loved it! But all of a sudden another accident. I was bummed!! We went on with our morning and got to nap time. I thought for a while during naps and I decided that after naps we would put a diaper back on. When he woke up I sat him down and told him how proud I was of him and told him how well he did these last few days but told him we were going to put the potty away and try again another time. He said no! and that he wanted his Thomas pants on! So we decided to try one more time! We went outside to play for a while and then over to our neighbors house. We then had our final accident. After this I asked if we could go put a diaper on and he said ok! So we were finally back in diapers by 5 PM.

Ayden worked so hard and I am very proud of him! All week I have been looking at him and realizing how big he is getting! This approach has you spending so much one on one time with your child. I had so much fun with him! It showed me how much I can really include him in! He cooked with me, helped with laundry, took the dog out to go potty, color, build things, work on his colors and counting, play games, play baseball, pretend and just be silly! It has showed me how much time I loose by being on the computer or watching TV or getting things done around the house while he is awake. I have learned I need to be more intentional about spending time with my kids and involving them in things I need to get done.

I have spent a lot of today thinking about the last 3 days and how I did and how Ayden did. I have decided that this was a great approach to potty training but Ayden just was not ready. She recommends you wait 30 days before trying again....I don't know when we will try again but I can say we will try this 3 Day Potty Training when I feel that he is ready again. I loved that it was centered around my child and that it was so positive!! I also like that its all or nothing! I don't want to spend weeks/months working on potty training. I can honestly said we put our all in it for 3 days and now can walk away for a while and come back with our full energy again. I did not want to give out her website or recommend it until I had put in the 3 days and I would say that if you are looking for a potty training approach then check out her site. It obviously doesn't work for every child right away but I do really like all that I read from her and if I wanted I could have emailed her to get suggestions from the author herself.

Her website is 3daypottytraining.com! Good luck!

No comments: