template

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

3 Day Potty Training: Day 2

Today started off much better than yesterday! Brett got up with Ayden and he tried to go potty right away. Nothing happened so I laid in bed listening to Brett say every couple of minutes "Ayden tell Daddy when you have to go potty." About 1 1/2 hours after this Ayden said "potty" and they ran to the bathroom, and there was his first sticker/M&M! I decided to get up after all the cheering coming from the bathroom :) We went on with our morning and after breakfast I looked over at Ayden and I could tell he was working on something... I rushed him to the bathroom but it was too late. Bummer! Then we were playing in the kitchen and Ayden asked for an M&M and I said you have to go potty first...he started to make his potty noise and ran to the bathroom! Sticker #2/M&M!! And that was our morning! We spent the rest of the morning outside and playing inside and nothing happened. Finally it was nap time.

After nap time I tired to get Ayden to go potty and he was not very interested. I could tell he went in his pull up before I could get him in the bathroom... So we cuddled a little and let him wake up. Our friend Madi came over to play and we tried a few times to go potty and we got nothing. So I decided we needed to start drinking something to get him going. He had some water then a juice box. While we were making dinner Ayden was playing under the kitchen table and all of a sudden we hear "Potty!" We rushed him to the potty but it was too late... Then we had another poop accident. I was getting a little frustrated after having such a great morning. We decided it was bath time and as I was filling the bath another accident... I was determined to get him to go on the potty again before bed! We tried a few more times and finally we got it!

So Day 2 ended with 3 stickers and 4 accidents (2 being poops). We have not gotten a poop in the potty so we are shooting for that tomorrow! It is a 3 day training so we will see what Day 3 brings!

I will say that I really like that I feel like he is really learning about going potty. On day 1 he was having accidents right and left! I think that happened because in a diaper you can go potty anytime anywhere. Today he was able to hold it longer and when he went he really went! I do think we are making progress and I am so proud of my BIG BOY!!! We went from 12 accidents to 4 today! Thats a huge improvement! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

No comments: