template

Friday, August 27, 2010

13 months

Ayden is 13 months today! My baby is no longer just 1 but we are already a month past his birthday! Wow its amazing what that month brings!

Ayden has started to climb on everything! He climbs on toys to get to the ottoman to the bay window. He climbs up on rubbermaid tubs and tries to climb on the couch but has not got that yet. I no longer can leave him in a room for very long by himself. He also enjoys splashing in the toilet. I know its gross but I want to remember this and more important have it in writing so he will know its not just a story I am making up when I tell him about it in lets say 10 years! Today we had two experience in the bathroom that were rather funny! Earlier this afternoon I heard him in there and by the time I got to the bathroom her had taken his binky out and was splashing it in the toilet. Then while I was making dinner I heard cups banging so I thought he was in the living room banging his measure up cups but when I came around the corner I realized he was in the bathroom. I found him in there with a drinking cup and he was pouring the water out of the toilet. I am very ready for this phase to pass!!! This story leads into the next new thing...crying to get what he wants. This is quickly turning into tantrums. When I took him out of the bathroom the second time today he went limp and sat at the door crying! Lets hope this passes quickly and does not get any worse than a few tears for a few seconds. Usually if I walk away he stops and finds something else to play with.

This past month Ayden has found a new friend, our dog Jacoby! He loves him!!!! He loves to pet him on walks, throw balls and sticks to him and loves to talk to him. Ayden has also learned how to throw his toys over the gate to Jacoby. Luckly Jacoby has not ruined any of these toys...yet... When we are outside his new favorite toy is the popper. Its the toy that has been around forever and the balls pop when you push it. I found one at a garage sale for $0.75 and it was the best $0.75 I have ever spent!!! He spends all his time outside with that thing! The best part is it makes noise so I always know where he is at. He also has learned what the words "stop" and "turn around" mean. Living on a corner these words are very important if we want to be outside. He loves to walk towards the street and almost always when I tell him to stop, and turn around he does it. That has made me a little more at ease while we are playing.

Ayden is starting to talk a lot more! Most of the time we don't know what he is saying but he does have a lot to say! The words we do hear a lot are Daddy, Mom, Ball, Dog, and he has been saying what sounds like 'What'! He also tries to repeat what we say often but those are the only words he uses on his own.

The last new thing for Ayden this week is getting used to me going back to work part time. He has done great! The first few days he was clingy when I would get home and now I don't even think he knows I am gone. When I get home he is excited to see me but I think he has really enjoyed his one on one time with his grandparents, his dad and with Natalie and Cadia! I feel so blessed to be able to have Ayden spend his days with Brett's parents and Natalie! It makes it easy to go to work everyday when I know who he is with and how great of a morning he will have!

Ayden, you bring us joy and laughter each day that we could not experience with out you! We love you and love learning more about your personality each day!

No comments: