template

Saturday, August 11, 2012

DIY

This summer we have been getting used to the idea of selling our house.  I feel that we are out growing our home but we love the neighborhood.  We love being so close to a number of parks, hartman resurve, the trails, close friends and some of the things we love about our home in general.  So, we have been casually looking at new houses.  Its such a hard processes because he find something we like then it gets sold quickly, or its too expensive, needs to much work, its pretty much the same as this house just another small bedroom, we don't like the area or many other things...  We just have not found our next house yet.

But during this time we have been thinking about differnt things we need to do around our house.  For the past few years we used our porch for a big dog house for Jacoby.  I decided it needed to be changed into an actual porch so we could use that space a little before we didn't live her anymore and we also want it to look nice for potential buyers.  I was looking everywhere for inexpensive patio furniture and if any of you have looked at patio furniture its not very inexpensive.  Then one day my friend, Emily, was out running and saw a table and 3 chairs that were rather rusty and old but marked FREE!  So her husband went and picked it up for me and dropped it off at our house.  It was what I wanted but needed some work.  I first found some pillows that would go and had a specific color I wanted to spray paint it with (Teal!).  I searched everywhere and couldn't find it so I picked up some plain old white.  I had almost all of it painted then was at a friends house and saw a stool in the color I wanted.  I ask and she did spray paint it.  She had bought the spray paint at KMart (who knew they sell a variety of spray paint).  I went right there and they had 2 cans left!! I came home and put the kids to bed and got to work!

In one afternoon I had a table and 2 chairs painted!!!  I still have to get the 3rd chair painted but that can wait.  And here is our finished project:



I just love how it feels to get a project done like this!  It gets me excited to do lots of other projects around the house!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Looks great!! the Meadows is a fun neighborhood!! :)

Unknown said...

Love it!! Good job, it turned out great! The pillows are a perfect touch!