template

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Big Boy Underware

Tuesday morning during breakfast I showed Ayden his new big boy underware that I picked up at the store the day before. We talked about going potty on the big potty and when we do that how he can wear his big boy underware. Then we went on with our day. Since we have VBS this week we had to take a bath after breakfast. When we got out of the bath he was running around naked. Next thing I know he comes running to me and says "potty". I asked him if he needed to go potty and he said no. Then he said it again. So I said show me! He grabbed my hand and took me into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I about died when I thought he peed in the fridge but then I realized he had only peed on the floor! I cleaned it up and cleaned the bottom of the fridge just in case... He then took my hand and walked me over to where his underware was and wanted a pair on. So we put them on and he was pretty proud of himself for a little while as he ran around the house in big boy underware! But after about 10 minutes he was "all done!" and wanted a diaper on...



Also, today we were going to get milk and he yelled from the back seat "potty comin, potty comin!" I asked him if he was going to the bathroom and he said yes... hmmm....

Is it time to start potty training this little boy?!? Oh I don't know if I am ready for it but I feel like he is going to be ready before I am..

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I wasn't sure what I would think of them but I absolutely love the really cheap gerber training pants from Target. They are about $3 for 3 plain white ones. They are just like regular underwear but have a few more layers in the middle (no waterproof plastic at all). But...they actually don't leave a huge mess on the floor. We have gone in public a few times with them and didn't have to worry about leaving a puddle!

Good luck! It all comes in the right timing! Patience is definitely a virtue in the potty training process!