template

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ayden's First Birthday Party!

Saturday we celebrated Ayden's First Birthday! We had great weather and the party went awesome!!! We did it at 11 because he usually wakes up from his morning nap then and I knew it would be a good time for him. Also, Brett left on Caravan Saturday night so we needed to do it early enough that he would have time to get himself ready to go after the party! We will miss Brett on Ayden's actual birthday but we had a great time celebrating yesterday and we know how important Caravan is for the kids going on it!



We started the day out just play. Brett and I got Ayden a water table for his birthday. I put it together earlier in the week and it was sitting in our garage...the first few times Ayden saw it he would get a big smile on his face and try to get down to play with it. We never let him play until his party. He loved it until he used one of the cups to pour it on his own head. He did this twice and both times he screamed! It was so funny!!! He warmed back up to the water table at the end of the party.

Then we ate. Ayden loves to eat but Brett was getting nervous that Ayden wouldn't be hungry for his cake if we let him eat everything on his plate so he took his fruit away so he would save some room. I don't think we will be making that a habit!

After lunch we open presents. He did better at opening presents yesterday than he did at Christmas but still didn't get to excited. He would have been happy with one present. On our way to drop Brett off we were talking and I asked Ayden if he wanted daddy to bring home a present for him and Ayden put his arms up and signed 'Hurray!' So maybe now he knows what the word present means! :)



Once we opened all the presents we did cake! I really wanted to make a fun cake for his birthday so after I found the invitations that said '1st Birthday All Star' I decided to do a baseball theme since we have been to watch Daddy coach baseball so much this summer! I found the recipe on the Kraft website and went with it. I was very impressed with myself when I finished it! I decided I will hopefully be able to make fun cakes each year for Ayden's birthday! So by Brett request Ayden got to eat the glove and everyone else got a baseball cupcake! Ayden wasn't to sure about what to do with a big cake in front of him but with a little help from Daddy he figured out that he could eat it and it was pretty good and messy!!!






What a great first birthday! I hope Ayden had a great day! I know we did as parents (they say the first birthday is more for the parents than the kids so if that is the case I would say it was a success!!) This past year has really been a learning year for Brett and I as parents but also we have learned a lot more about each other as well! Ayden has brought us so much joy this past year and I cant wait to see what else we have in store in the years to come :)

No comments: