template

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Brett

When we got engaged and were looking at a spring wedding Brett quickly noticed that his birthday fell on a Saturday.  He was very excited at the idea of having our wedding on his birthday.  I went a long with it and it has been great but the only problem is we usually celebrate our anniversary on that date then his birthday kind of gets pushed to the side.  Now that our kids are getting older I want to make Brett's birthday a little more of a celebration that they can be a part of.

This year while Brett was working we went out and picked out his presents.  Ayden and Ahnie each got to pick out something for him and then I got him a movie he had been wanting.  We then got home and made a yummy dinner on the grill for daddy and wrapped his gifts.  (Ayden wanted to hide them as well...I think this came from us hiding his easter basket but who knows...we went with it)  We also made Brett a cheesecake and fresh strawberries.

We had a great night!  Ate dinner, opened presents after Brett found them, went for a walk with the family and then came home for cheesecake!  I think fun was had by all and Brett loves his birthday so I think I finally got it figured out how to celebrate both well!!!

No comments: