template

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Time Out

AJ has been pushing the boundries a little lately and when we correct him he gets very upset.  So needless  to say we have been 'perfecting' (yeah right...) our time outs.  This happened the other day and I don't want to forget it...

AJ asked me if the dog needed to go potty.  We were getting ready to go somewhere and I was in a hurry so I said no.  When I turned around again I saw the back door wide open and Jacoby running around out back and my van door open.  (AJ loves to climb in the van and hide in the back...).  I went out and got the dog in and got AJ out of the van.  I told him he needed a time out because he is not supposed to be in the van or outside with out an adult.  So I brought him in and put him in a timeout.  While in his time out I had to put him back on it a few times and next thing I knew he was walking around with his stool on his bottom saying "Mommy,  I still on my stool."  I was so mad but could not stop laughing...  I hate when that happens!!  What a stinker...

When this happens I quickly try to think...Did this ever happen to my parents?!?  I always remember them having discipline down...Maybe it was because I was #4 or else I just didn't notice...

No comments: